Sunday 26 August 2012

So, a picture paints a thousand words?

I've been letting my blogging slip, mainly because I sometimes can't think of what I want to write if anything. Writer's block maybe.
Anyway, I have been happily snapping away with my handy Nikon camera. I may find myself posting picture only posts if I can't fulfil the written requirement. One person I follow posts a Wordless Wednesday and that works very well.
Wildlife at the plot and around the site.


 The tall plants in the pond are Bulrushes (Typha latifolia)


 My first proper Garlic crop.

 Over sized New Potato 'Rocket'. The heavy and continuous rain tis year has meant over grown tubers, many 'blown' or split due to rapid expansion that the skins cannot contain.

 Water Hyacinth , same pond as Bulrushes.





Some of my first soft fruits this season. Luckily they managed to last until I went home. Many of them don't. Fresh fruit at the plot is just too delicious.

 One of the split 'Rocket'potatoes. Larger than my own palm and split due to excessive water.

No comments: